- January 13, 2022: “There are no no-risk countries”, Risk & Compliance Platform Europe
- December 2021: “Veilige meldcultuur in de praktijk”, article in “De Compliance Officer” together with Susanne Hafkamp on how to create a speak-up culture
- July 2021: Afstand of samenwerking? Article in the Audit Magazine on the relationship between audit and compliance
- April 2021: Cryptocurrencies and digital assets, article on LinkedIn
- December 2020: Crisis management and Compliance in “Tijdschrift voor Compliance”
- April 31 2020: Article on Van Oord in Angola: Lawful but awful (LinkedIn)
- December 12 2019: Article at opinion pages of Het Financieele Dagblad “Lift the (Dutch) anti-corruption legislation to the international level” together with co-authors Mark Pyman and Brook Horowitz (paywall, Dutch language). Original English language title: “Climbing out of the ethical black hole”.
- November 23, 2019: Quoted by Dutch newspaper NRC Handelsblad on the gatekeeper role of banks and accountants (paywall, Dutch language)
- November 2019: Article in “Tijdschrift voor Compliance” on anti-corruption programs for companies outside of the financial services industry (paywall, Dutch language)
- November 2019: Article on the gatekeeper role of banks on LinkedIn. The article was re-published by Transparency International Netherlands (Dutch language).
- July 2019: Article in Greek Sekase magazine on “The Ethics and Compliance Officer and Corporate Governance Codes” (scroll to page 24 for the article)
- July 2019: Article in “De Compliance Officer” on WOW moments in compliance
- July 2019: “Personal liability for inadequate anti-corruption controls”, SCCE Compliance and Ethics Blog
- June 2019: ECMC Response to the OECD Working Group on Bribery consultation
- May 2019: Interview with Economia magazine on the importance of a culture of compliance and business ethics
- April 2019: Whistleblowing procedures: Separate advice from investigations. Dutch compliance magazine “Tijdschrift voor Compliance” (paywall, Dutch language)
- April 2019: Letter published by newspaper Het Financieele Dagblad on the role of Ethics & Compliance Officers in respect of culture and behavior (paywall, Dutch language)
- April 2019: Interview with Lex van Almelo for IFFC event on the expectations of society and the supervisors on the role of the gatekeeper (Dutch language). This interview has been republished by Executive Finance
- March 2019: How to handle ethical dilemmas caused by AI, data analytics and blockchain? LinkedIn post. This article has been republished by Risk & Compliance Platform Europe
- March 2019: The gatekeepers and the criminals. LinkedIn article. This article has been republished by Risk & Compliance Platform Europe in the English and Dutch language and by the IFFC
- February 2019: Banks as gatekeepers to the financial system. Is it working? More comprehensive article in Dutch compliance magazine “Tijdschrift voor Compliance”(paywall, Dutch language).
- September 2018: LinkedIn article on Is the bribery and corruption risk underrated in The Netherlands?
- September 2018: LinkedIn article on Banks as gatekeepers to the financial system. Is it working?
- May 2018: Empowering Trust. LinkedIn post in preparation of the Horasis Global Leadership Meeting in Cascais, Portugal
- January 2018: Different worlds: Corporate Governance and the Ethics and Compliance Officer, Ethikos magazine (available upon request)
- November 2017: Are you ready for your bribery and corruption disclosure? LinkedIn post
- October 2017: Interviewed by Financier Worldwide for article ‘Reparation and redress: ethical solutions to graceless governance’
- August 2017: Corporate Governance and the Ethics & Compliance Officer: Unknown and therefore unloved? Article in Dutch compliance magazine “Tijdschrift voor Compliance” (paywall; Dutch language)
- December 2016: Interview with Dutch business newspaper FD on how compliance officers struggle with their new role as guardians of integrity (paywall; Dutch language)
- November 2016: Article on the FCPA Blog about the successful cooperation between the US and Dutch anti-corruption prosecutors
- November 2016: Whistleblowers, guardians of integrity or traitors? Article in Dutch magazine Tijdschrift voor Compliance (paywall; Dutch language)
- October 2016: Article for International Center for Collective Action conference in Basel about Facilitation Payments: A Call for Collective Action
- September 2016, June 2016, March 2016 and December 2015: Serie of articles in Dutch magazine De Compliance Officer on Conducting Third Party Due Diligence (Dutch language)
- July 2016: Co-author of a legal brief together with Navex on Dutch House for Whistleblowers legislation
- June 2016: Institute for Financial Crime (IFFC) The Art of Conducting Third Party Due Diligence: The Unaoil case. This article was also published at the Risk & Compliance Platform Europe and Transparency International Netherlands
- May 2016: Second part of interview by Nicole Rose of Create Training about Are Ethics & Compliance Officers becoming the new bond?
- April 2016: First part of interview by Nicole Rose of Create Training about The good, the bad and the ugly world of Ethics & Compliance Officers
- March 2016: The current state and the future of the compliance profession, article in Tijdschrift voor Compliance (paywall; Dutch language)
- March 2016: LinkedIn post on House for whistleblowers legislation adopted in The Netherlands
- December 2015: Trust Business and Corporate Misconduct: Stemming the Tide by Stick or by Carrot? Two-part article in Journal of Business Compliance
- December 2015: Interview with Dutch business newspaper FD (Dutch language)
- November 2015: LinkedIn post on The Yates memo, or: think before you tweet
- September 2015: Article in Dutch magazine De Compliance Officer no. 19 on Combatting corruption in practice: The FIFA Investigation (Dutch language)
- March 2015: Interview in Dutch magazine De Compliance Officer no. 17 (Dutch language)
- March 2014: Interview published by Brightstone regarding New draft whistleblower legislation in The Netherlands (Dutch language)
- January 2014: Article on the FCPA Blog on the KPMG Netherlands corruption settlement
- October 2013: Co-author of a Dutch book on anti-corruption, published by Kluwer; I wrote the chapter regarding Third Party Due Diligence (Dutch language)